Terms and Conditions
WhizzGo is an official partner of Car Target.
Conditions of use
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE CAR TARGET RESERVATION SYSTEM
1. INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
The General Terms and Conditions for the use of the Car Target reservation system establishes the rights and obligations of users and the company Modicus d.o.o. as the agent, as well as terms and conditions for the use of reservation systems.
The issuer of these General Terms and Conditions is the company Modicus d.o.o., Brnčičeva ulica 13, 1231 Ljubljana – Črnuče, Slovenia, EU, registered at the District Court in Ljubljana, under the registration number 2011/17948, tax ID number SI 71826238, registration number: 3972542000, brand name: CAR TARGET contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. DEFINITION OF TERMS
The terms in these General Terms and Conditions carry the meaning:
General Terms and Conditions: are these Conditions of Use for the Car Target reservation system and General Terms and Conditions of an individual car hire service provider (a hyperlink to such conditions is provided under each individual offer of car hire service provider).
User: any individual or legal entity using the Car Target reservation system
Agent: company Modicus d.o.o., which is the owner and manager of the Car Target
Reservation system: Car Target reservation system, which enable the user to make car hire reservations through a web application
Car hire service providers: companies which, under previously defined conditions, offer car hire through the Car Target reservation system
Valid credit card: a credit card that is acceptable by the reservations system and by selected car hire service providers – such credit cards must be property of the driver, valid, and with a credit card limit that meets car hire service General Terms and Conditions.
3. USER AGREEMENT
The user of the reservation system agrees that he/she is familiar with all provisions of these General Terms and Conditions, that he/she is in full agreement with their content and that the provisions of the General Terms and Conditions bind him/her to the same degree as contractual terms.
The consent of the user is extended to the use of any other web page tabs that are accessed through the reservation system.
Disagreement with the content of these General Terms and Conditions can be expressed by the user only where they cease to use the system immediately after visiting the reservation system; otherwise it is considered that they agree with the content.
The user agrees to receive system messages related to confirmations and other necessary notifications for registration, quotation and booking processes by the agent to his/her e-mail address.
The user is informed:
- That regarding the Car Target reservation system, the company Modicus d.o.o. acts as an agent between users and providers of car hire services; it therefore does not provide direct car hire services and it is not the owner or operator of the car hire service, and with its intermediation, it provides users with additional reservations of vehicles hired under specified rental conditions;
- That the information presented in the reservation system may vary or become updated, can contain inaccurate or typographical errors, and that this information cannot be considered as a recommendation or guarantee of the agent for a good performance of the agent of a car hire service.
The user is informed and agrees:
- That his/her personal data and credit card data, collected while using the reservation system, are treated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of the Republic of Slovenia (–ZVOP-1)
- That personal data is accessed via a secure server that uses a 256-bit encryption in order to protect user’s personal data
- That the use of a security system is only available for website white label provided by Car Target, where the user can see or insert his/her own personal details
- That the locked padlock icon indicates that the user is located at a secure connection site, whereas a padlock icon with a red cross (Google Chrome), a grey padlock with red strikethrough (Mozilla Firefox) or a warning message (Safari, Internet Explorer, Bing) indicate a non-secure page.
The user is informed and agrees with the fact that user data security while processing the credit card is performed by PayUnity (Pay360 by Capita), which enables adequate protection.
5. RESPONSIBILITY AND GUARANTEE REQUESTS
The user agrees that:
- The agent cannot guarantee and is not responsible for car hire services provided via offers within the reservation system, and that his/her liability for compensation for damage to the user is therefore completely excluded
- The agent is liable for damages only as an intermediary, with its responsibility being limited to the amount of agent’s commissions for services that are subject matter.
- The agent is not responsible for unauthorized expenses on the user’s credit or debit card that arise before, during or after a well-performed reservation and were not carried out by the agent
- Any warranty claims due to clerical errors by the car hire service provider and claims for damages will be asserted solely against them and not against the agent; the agent is therefore not responsible for the repayment of the amount of the rental service
- The agent is not liable in the event of the reservation system not being accessible due to a system error, maintenance work, repairs or other objective reasons
- The agent has no control over and is not responsible for the content of the websites, to which access is possible through the links listed on the reservation system site, and thus takes no responsibility or liability for the content of these servers and Internet sites, or for the accuracy and consistency of the information contained on these Internet sites and servers
- The agent is not responsible for the amendment and cancellation of bookings, and is therefore not obliged to reimburse already paid-up funds
- The agent is not responsible for the repayment of the cost of hiring a vehicle, if the user delays the pick-up for more than two hours.
The user agrees that:
- The cost of rental service (as indicated in the online rental system) includes the cost of leasing, agent commission and possible additional costs if expressly indicated in the proposal. Users should review General Terms and Conditions of individual car hire service providers, as some providers require additional administrative costs or other costs, payable on location (such as, but not limited to, location fee, road tax or refuelling charge).
- The agent is not obliged to reimburse the user for administrative expenses (card transaction, administrative costs, exchange rate variations and any other costs associated with the reservation) if they are created due to an error by the car hire service provider while processing the reservation or an error by the user while entering data in the reservation form.
7. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION NOTICE AND LIMITED LICENCE
All information and data within the reservation system, including all content, text, graphics, images, trademarks, site structure, photographs, buttons, graphic images and computer code, are copyrighted and available only for the user’s private use. It is prohibited to modify, reproduce or distribute them.
The reservation system can only be used for private and not for commercial purposes unless given express written consent by the agent.
8. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
The user agrees and binds himself/herself:
- Not to use any device or computer programs that would have direct or indirect impact on the reservation system, which would enable him/her to seek content or any other details, including prices
- Not to affect or have any intention of affecting normal operation of the reservation system, or else their access will be immediately suspended
- Not to use the reservation system for any purposes that are not lawful or that are prohibited and contravene with the provisions of the General Terms and Conditions
- Not to use the reservation system for any speculative or false reservations, for searching suppliers or their prices
- Not to use trademarks ” Car Target ” or any other agent’s trademark for commercial purposes without having first obtained the agent’s written consent
- Not to reproduce the contents of the reservation system for commercial purposes
- To have legal capacity to conclude and fulfil the obligations of the contractual relationship, or else is liable to pay for damages to the agent
- To directly notify the car hire service provider of any special physical or mental conditions related to hiring a car
- To immediately inform the car hire service provider in the event of an accident or otherwise be liable for additional costs for failure to notice
- To provide the car hire service provider with a valid identity document, a valid driver’s licence, a valid credit card in the user’s name, and the confirmation of reservation or voucher at the moment of rental car acquisition, otherwise the car hire provider may refuse the service and the user shall not be entitled to recover costs related to the reservation of the vehicle
- In case of a delay in the acquisition of the vehicle, the user shall inform the car hire service provider or the agent about the delay and notify them of the arrival time
- That the car hire service provider may refuse the acquisition of the vehicle if the user is delayed with the acquisition of the vehicle for more than 2 hours
- That his/her personal data, needed to ensure the appropriate level and implementation of the service, shall be transferred to the Republic of Slovenia, where it will be analyzed and saved
- To make available the following personal data for the purposes of the reservation process: name, age, telephone number, e-mail address, address of residence, country of residence, credit or debit card number and user information that guarantees payment for the reservation or deposit payment
- That the aforementioned personal data is needed to perform a reservation and that it could be sent to the contracting agent for the performance of reservation, or to an organization to undertake a safety check of the credit or debit card; and to the contractual partner for the performance of various services, such as sending e-mails, marketing services or payment processing
- That the user’s personal data used for the purposes of reservation process can be sent to a country that does not have the same safety standards regarding safety and processing of personal data
- That the user’s e-mail address shall be used for the purpose of informing the user regarding the reservation itself, including sending reservation confirmation or a change in the reservation, as well as to inform them of updates and changes in regards to reservation via Car Target white label.
- That the user’s telephone number shall only be used in emergency cases, such as a defect or problem with the user’s reservation
- That the agent can provide suppliers and partners with statistic data about users, while the latter never include their personal data.
The agent agrees and binds himself/herself:
- To make the reservation system available 24 hours a day, which shall perform normally at all times, while it reserves the right, without prior notice, to temporarily disable the use of or access to the reservation system in case of a system error, maintenance works, repairs or other objective reasons
- To process and store user’s personal data in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act of Republic of Slovenia (–ZVOP-1) and to use it only for business purposes within the company Modicus d.o.o.
- To notify the user of any changes and additions to the General Terms and Conditions, in the manner prescribed in Article 22 of the General Terms and Conditions.
9. MAKING A RESERVATION
The user is informed that the execution and payment of the reservation through the reservation system can be done in two ways:
- A deposit payment – such payment is made only partially at the time of reservation and the balance is paid upon delivery of the vehicle by the car hire service provider
- Payment of the whole amount at the time of reservation, with an additional payment to the car hire service provider for any additional costs and fuel (fully prepaid bookings)
The method of payment is not user selectable, since it depends on the location and/or selected car hire service provider. The method of payment is indicated in each individual car hire offer.
If any payment is required prior to the completion of the reservation process, the reservation system shall advise the user. In such an event, the user is required to pay the balance to the car hire service provider directly. However, the user is always responsible for the payment of additional services/costs that were requested by the user, and is also responsible for all other costs related to hiring a vehicle or vehicle lessor.
To be able to use the car hire service provided through the reservation system, the user must use a credit card owned by the holder of the reservation.
The charge is going to be made in the reservation system’s base currency, in GBP (British Pounds). By accepting these terms and conditions, the customer agrees that if the amount is displayed in a different currency to GBP (British Pound), and if the user credit card is being processed in any other currency than GBP, then due to the currency exchange rate, the actual amount charged on their credit card may be different from the amount being displayed on the website. Currency exchange rates in the reservation system are refreshed and uploaded once a day from a third party source and may be different from the current situation on the currency market.
By making a reservation, the user agrees that there are sufficient funds on his/her credit card for reservation to be finalized and that the credit card is charged for the amount of the deposit. If the payment gets declined due to insufficient funds on the credit card, the agent can cancel the booking without any prior notice.
10. AMENDMENTS OF RESERVATION
The user can amend certain individual attributes (car driver, address information) of his/her rental reservation online, free of charge, at any point before the rental is due to start.
If the user amend other attributes – something that affects the rental price, such as location, supplier, car group or length of rental – the user will be charged at the current published price, which may be different from what you originally paid.
The user should call the agent if the pick-up time is less than 48 hours away and he/she wish to amend the booking.
Amendments in reservations can be made only through the support application in the reservation system, and the agent cannot guarantee that the changes will be processed.
Amendments cannot be accepted and carried out after the vehicle has already been acquired. The agent is not obliged to reimburse the money to the user in the event of early completion of car hire service.
Extension of the car hire service after the rented vehicle is picked up (a date beyond the date framework on the voucher) may only be conducted with a selected car hire service provider, who shall also charge for the extension. Extension of car hire service before the rental starts (a date that is prior to the date framework on the voucher) may only be conducted in writing through the agent. Changing the booking may trigger a change in rate/price, or an additional charge may be due from a material change, such as the duration or car type.
11. CONFIRMATION AND RESERVATION
In the name of a selected car hire service provider, the reservation system will issue a confirmation for each reservation, whereby the agent does not bind itself that the confirmation shall include information on the costs of additional services, local charges and costs charged by the service provider, or on additional services the user may request directly at the time of vehicle acquisition.
The agent recommends that the user checks any information regarding reservations (country, location, rental period). Noting discrepancies, the user must immediately perform changes through the reservation system, or through the agent’s client centre, where the user must provide correct contact detail changes or other corrections.
The agent recommends that the user reads and reviews all rental terms and conditions of the car hire service provider (available in the second step of reservation process in the reservation system, when selecting vehicle type), which may occasionally change without prior notice.
The car hire service provider will execute the user’s reservation only upon receiving confirmation of vehicle reservation. The reservation number, obtained by the user upon confirming reservation, serves as a reference number for all further communication with the agent (questions, reservation changes, cancellation).
12. CANCELLATION POLICY
If the user wishes to cancel the reservation, he/she must contact the agent in writing by sending an email to email@example.com. Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
Cancellation may be submitted only through the agent’s reservation system and not through the selected car hire service provider. The cancellation of a reservation means that the user is also cancelling any additional services that they have reserved through the reservation system. In the event of a cancellation or change in the reservation, the agent shall not be liable for any pecuniary loss resulting from changes in the monetary exchange rate during the time between the original reservation and the subsequent change or cancellation of reservation. For cancellation of reservations made 48 hours or less before pick-up, no money will be refunded.
Cancellation of Fully Prepaid Bookings
- If the user cancels within 48 hours or more before the rental is due to start, the money paid will be refunded;
- If the user cancels within less than 48 hours before pick-up, the money paid will be refunded, minus the cost of 3 days’ rental;
- If the user has booked the car for less than 3 days, there will not be any additional charge, but the user will not receive any refund;
- If the user fails to turn up at the agreed time and date, and/or to provide all the necessary documentation, and/or to provide a credit card with enough available funds on it, the car hire company may refuse the car. If that happens:
- If the user calls the agent from the counter, the money paid will be refunded, minus the cost of 3 days’ rental;
- If the user does not call the agent from the counter, the user will not receive any refund.
Cancellation of Deposit Bookings
- If the user cancels 48 hours or more before the rental is due to start, the user will receive a refund of the money paid;
- If the user cancels less than 48 hours in advance, but before the rental is due to start, the user will receive a refund of the money paid, minus either the deposit or the cost of 3 days’ rental, whichever is greater;
- If the user has booked the car for less than 3 days, there will not be any additional charge, but the user will not receive any refund.
A ‘No-show’ is when the user:
- Wish to cancel but do not inform the agent before the rental is due to start; or
- Fail to pick the car up at the arranged time and date; or
- Fail to provide the documentation that’s required to pick the car up; or
- Fail to provide a valid, acceptable credit card in the main driver’s name with enough available funds on it;
In all of these cases, the user will receive no refund of the money paid.
The car hire company reserves the right to refuse the car to any user who fails to arrive on time with all the necessary documentation and a credit card with enough available funds for the security deposit. In such cases, unless the rental has been cancelled in advance, the user will not be entitled to a refund.
Please note: prices are based on the pick-up and drop-off times and dates that the user arranges before the rental starts. If the user picks the car up any later or brings the vehicle back any earlier, the user will not receive a refund for unused hours or days.
13. CANCELLATION PROTECTION
The “Cancellation Protection” option allows the user to cancel the booking at no cancellation administration fee (the amount paid for the cancellation protection, and for the separate payment handling charge, is excluded from the amount being refunded). The cost for Cancellation Protection is 1,00 EUR (one Euro) per day. By purchasing it, the user is guaranteed to get back the car rental prepayment no matter what the rental cost and duration is, if the user cancels the booking.
“Cancellation Protection” is not valid:
- If the cancellation of booking is received after the rental period has already started.
- If the booking is canceled because some of the required documents (e.g. passport, driving licence, valid credit card etc.) are missing or are not valid at the moment of executing a rental agreement on-site.
How to cancel the booking
It is understandable that travel plans may change. In the event that a user wishes to adjust the trip accordingly and wants to cancel the booking, he/she must contact the agent in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once this is done, an email confirming that the reservation has been cancelled will be sent shortly. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted.
If the “Cancellation Protection” option has been selected at the time of booking, the user can cancel his/her “Cancellation Protection” option within 24 hours after this additional product has been added to the user’s reservation. The “Cancellation Protection” option can only be ordered at the time of the online reservation.
14. SUPER EXCESS REFUND OPTION
Super Excess Refund